Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need help with facebook contact sync, please look!

To start off, yes I do understand that Facebook is it's own company but from what I can tell their support is basically nonexistent, so I was hoping someone here might have an answer to my question. Is there any way to sync facebook profiles/pictures to existing contacts in my phone without facebook adding duplicate contacts with their facebook emails that I couldn't care less about? All I want is for my existing contacts to have their facebook picture next to their name, I've searched high and low for this but to no avail. Is this just currently not possible on ios 6? Seems like a pretty trivial thing that all Android phones have which is why I don't understand. Wasn't there a "sync existing contacts" in the FB app for ios 5?

So far I've tried installing and re-installing facebook, hitting the "update all contacts" option under facebook settings, allowing facebook to have access to my contacts (which results in the new contacts with facebook emails being added, which I don't want). I've even tried disabling FB only contacts under groups, which gets rid of the duplicate facebook email contacts but doesn't update my current contacts with any info or pictures. Yes the names are exact, first and last names that match my facebook friends. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong, or able to explain why this process is so complicated? Thanks everyone.

Also: my contacts were transferred over from my old phone by someone at RadioShack and I have no idea which method they used so could this be where my problem is stemming from? Any ideas? Thanks again.

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 27, 2012 9:21 AM

1 reply

Need help with facebook contact sync, please look!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.