Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic on Mac OS X Lion - dragging regions switches workspace - HELP!

Every attempt to drag audio regions towards the right of the screen is switching to a blank workspace when the dragging cursor touches the screen boundary. My operation thus fails (of course) and I have to go back to Logic by clicking the icon in the dock.

I have turned everything off in Mission Control - but there is nothing at all that implies you can turn off dragging to new workspaces at the screen boundaries. I don't even know what to call these workspaces now that "Spaces" doesn't exist. This curious rebrand as "Mission Control" leaves me wondering what exactly it is?

All I can do is describe the steps to replicate this:

1. Open a Logic project with some audio regions in it

2. Make sure the right hand panels are all closed.

3. Drag a region right quite far - so your dragging hand cursor is against the window boundary

4. Boom! After a couple of seconds of dragging, you're in a blank workspace.

Anyway, if anyone has any ideas, I'd be pleased to hear them as this is driving me NUTS - trying to make a record here and its happening far too often.

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Oct 27, 2012 1:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2012 1:34 PM

Actually, I've just discovered that you can stop this happening by going into fullscreen mode in Logic. Still, it would be nice to be able to stop it happening without fullscreen mode if anyone knows how to turn it off completely.

1 reply

Logic on Mac OS X Lion - dragging regions switches workspace - HELP!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.