Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air Windows 8 Brightness Problem

I installed win8 on my 2010 macbook air and bootcamp 4.0, works great. Only problem I havent been able to solve is the brightness issue that others have reported: that you can't adjust it and it is always full bright. Using the f1 and f2 keys show the brightness slider moving, but the screen doesnt change.

I uninstalled reFIT, booted with command + p + r, booted holding the option key and selecting book disk, holding down alt key, etc. Everything that I could think of or that others had reported.

Only possibility that I can think of that it still might be is that Im running the latest nvidia drivers....

Anyone have any suggestions how to fix?

Macbook Air 13" 2010, Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Oct 27, 2012 2:58 PM

7 replies

Oct 27, 2012 9:14 PM in response to mende1

This is an issue in Windows 7 ( https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2669574?start=0&tstart=0 ) as well, and doesn't appear to have a solution.

So I don't have much confidence that Apple will have this fixed when they release drivers for Windows 8. I'm much more interested in hearing from others who have this issue and have some ideas on what the problem might be.

Oct 27, 2012 9:21 PM in response to nicros

nicros wrote:

This is an issue in Windows 7 ( Bootcamp 3.2 Windows 7 Brightnesshttps://discussions.apple.com/thread/2669574?start=0&tstart=0 ) as well, and doesn't appear to have a solution.

So I don't have much confidence that Apple will have this fixed when they release drivers for Windows 8. I'm much more interested in hearing from others who have this issue and have some ideas on what the problem might be.

You are referencing a thread from 2010. I can assure you that my Windows 7 installation does not have this issue.

Dec 10, 2012 8:12 AM in response to nicros

After installing the windows 8 do not run boot camp from setup, but install the individual driver from the windows support folder. Do not install the programme, driver in NVIDIA folder instead delete this folder and download new one from NVIDIA Site some thing like 310 in its name and install. After restarting run windows support folder setup file but only after deleting the NVIDIA folder only. Every thing works. The culprit is the NVIDIA folder in the windows support folder. Enjoy Windows 8 on mac book air

Macbook Air Windows 8 Brightness Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.