Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone mail app is horrible

Not only is there a yahoo problem, but there is an apple mail app problem. We all know that yahoo has its issues but I just noticed that after I send an email, I can't see it in the sent folder. I open the separate yahoo app and I see the email has been sent. Ugh! This is getting out of control. The most basic function of a smartphone, after making a call, is email. Why oh why is this such a hassle??? This also happens with gmail by the way.

iPhone 4, iOS 5, iPhone 4s actually

Posted on Oct 27, 2012 4:35 PM

12 replies

Oct 27, 2012 4:54 PM in response to modular747

Just because YOU have a problem, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I do NOT have iCloud for email therefore you can't say whether or not this problem exists because your parameters are different. I've had this problem ever since I've had the iPhone and I'm obviously a lot more intelligent than you are based on your myopic statement. Have a nice day :)

Oct 27, 2012 5:50 PM in response to LauraMackie

Just because YOU have a problem, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

I'm obviously a lot more intelligent than you are based on your myopic statement.

Maybe you meant: "Just because you don't have a problem....." Otherwise your statement makes no sense, but then again, little of what you say makes sense. All that self-assessed "intelligence" gone to waste...

The fact that I have iCloud has absolutely no bearing on the fact that I don't have your problem with Yahoo or Gmail, which I also use, as clearly stated in my first post.

Getting back to your first (mis)statement - you DO have a problem, but it's a problem in YOUR phone (or your mind) , not the Mail app. The rest of us don't have it. Keep in mind that the Yahoo and Gmail are IMAP accounts. When you send email, the copy isn't put directly into the Sent mail folder on your phone. It has to be placed there on the server, then synced to your phone. It ALWAYS will show up on the web mail access BEFORE the phone. That's how it is on EVERY client device (smartphone or computer).

Oct 27, 2012 6:23 PM in response to justjesper

I think it's safe to say that Apple is not fixing any problems, and High level users here is not helping and are rude.

Yes, a typical troll "response" to a whining troll post - which didn't even request help, just to rant about a non-existant problem.

No need for Apple to "fix" what aint broke, eh! And, we high level users are high level because we DO help others, unlike your useless self.

Oct 27, 2012 6:31 PM in response to stevejobsfan0123

Sorry , I did'nt think you were a highlevel user. 🙂

And to what Apple is doing, no one knows ? Not even you. Apple is not saying anything and why should I think that they are when they are not saying a thing.

You think they are working on it, but you have no profe. And as you all say that Apple is not here. How can we know ?

I'm no troll, You are as much a troll for claiming that they are fixing the issues.

Yet the IOS 6 has so many problems and non, Not a single issue has been adressed by apple. Except the Map app, where I have seen no difference to the issues I have reportet to them.

And how long has it been out ?

You tell me that this is a good standard ? Is this the way to threat us costumers ?

Oct 27, 2012 6:38 PM in response to LauraMackie

I have to say I didn't want to help because if your comment about us being unintelligent, but I decided to not worry about it. However, there were other responses in this thread that I thought were rather mean, and my replies were directed at those posters, as was the latest by modular747. I hope you'll still consider looking for help here.

iPhone mail app is horrible

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.