Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use the WAN port on my AirPortExpress to extend my WiFi from my Time Capsule?

OK folks, here's what I want to do. I have a Time Capsule not only supplying WiFi, but also connected to the ethernet in my home. What I want to do is use the ethernet to connect my AirPort Express and extend the WiFi signal. I've tried various settings configurations and the closest I get is a duplicate network. This causes problems for Home Sharing of iTunes accounts to my 2 Apple TV's, one that is connected to ethernet and the other WiFi. Plus, it seems to confuse our iPhones and another WiFi computer from time to time.

So can this even be done, is there another option I'm missing? We are trying to use this in a room for the AirPlay feature and the original WiFi signal drops pretty regularly, so moving it closer to the TC is a last resort.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Time Capsule 802.11n (4th Gen), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Oct 27, 2012 6:20 PM

2 replies

Oct 27, 2012 8:05 PM in response to Ianthin

Hi - if what you want to do is have the Express produce a wireless network with a new name then you need to configure it in the following way - it should be set to connect via ethernet in bridge mode and set to "create a wireless network" with a new name and password of your choice - if you need specific steps let me know.

Can I use the WAN port on my AirPortExpress to extend my WiFi from my Time Capsule?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.