Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Font changes to Helvetica Neue

I have seen some references to this issue in Appleworks from around 2007, but nothing helpful.

I am using a custom font for creating knitting charts in Numbers. The problem I am having is that when I either use ⌘X or drag cell contents the font changes to Helvetica Neue - Size 10. Very irritating. Is there any way to set up a default font and font size for a document? If not, why? Helvetica Neue has nothing whatsoever to do with anything in my document.

Is this an iCloud issue perhaps?

2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Mac OS X (10.5.8), 4 GB Ram

Posted on Oct 27, 2012 10:23 PM

2 replies

Oct 28, 2012 5:05 AM in response to mschultz

It is possible to set a default font and size for a table style, in a given document.

If you set up a table with the font and font size you want, then look to the left under Table Styles, you will see one is highlighted. Click on the little triangle to the right of the style name and select "Redefine Style from Table"

Now any table created with that style (in this document) will have your defaults and any changes made in those table should respect those defaults.

You might want to save a copy of the document as a template, to make this style available in new documents.

Font changes to Helvetica Neue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.