Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ibook G3 won't connect to my wireless network

My network password is not accepted, I have set encryption to WPA only. Downloaded Airport 3.3 but won't install; says Airport is up to date; System Profiler says Airport 2.0.4, Airport Admin Utility 2.0.4 and Airport Setup Utility 2.0.4 are installed; also Airport Admin Utility 4.1.1 and Airport Setup Assistant 4.1.1. Any ideas?

iBook, Mac OS X (10.4.11), g3 500mhz, 320mb, 80gb hd, airport

Posted on Oct 27, 2012 6:38 PM

4 replies

Nov 3, 2012 9:05 PM in response to a brody

I agree with what you said. WEP is pointless, might as well have no encryption at all. I also remember seeing an article on Slashdot where WPA was cracked in 60 seconds, Scary... I have a older iBook G3 that I like to tinker with that has Tiger like the person above, mine just having a faster processor and more ram (600mhz, 640mb maxed out) My router is set to WPA2 Personal with TKIP+AES, and set to mixed mode to allow my older devices to connect. Since WPA2 is backwards compatible with WPA, as long as I don't set my Router to G or N only, my older Devices can connect. I wonder how long it will be till WPA2 is cracked, if it hasn't been already.

My ibook G3 won't connect to my wireless network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.