Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues with Bootcamp

I have successfully been able to download and install Windows 7 using Bootcamp but I am unable to connect to the internet using a wireless connection. I'm having trouble installing the required drivers to the Windows 7 side of my bootcamp partition. I keep getting the error message: "Boot camp x64 is unsupported on this computer model." I have a Macbook Pro (Version 10.8.2) that came with a Lion download instead of a disk. Without the drivers, I am unable to use the Apple trackpad fully and the only option for a network connection is through ethernet in Windows 7. No wireless option available. I might also add that I still have the disk from Snow Leopard just in case I needed a backup.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Oct 27, 2012 9:42 PM

9 replies

Oct 27, 2012 10:36 PM in response to mende1

I went through the information on the Apple Support page in the link and found this:

"Computers with Mac OS X v10.6 or later work with 32-bit versions of Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows 7 Professional, or Windows 7 Ultimate. The only 64-bit version of Windows supported on these computers is 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows 7 Professional, or Windows 7 Ultimate."

I have Windows 7 (64-bit) Home Premium and Mac OS X 10.8.2 so it should work if i'm not mistaken.

Oct 27, 2012 10:44 PM in response to mende1

Ok I understand now. I was just mislead by the information provided on that page. Just found this piece of info that explains the exact message I have been receiving. The info was as follows:

"Note: The following alert appears in Windows when attempting to install Boot Camp software on a 64-bit edition of Windows 7 running on a Mac that only supports 32-bit:

"Installation error: Boot Camp x64 is unsupported on this computer model."

So, since this edition only comes with one version (64-bit) of Windows 7 Home Premium, would I have to go and purchase an entirely new copy of Windows 7 that is 32-bit?

Issues with Bootcamp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.