Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro 9.1.8 + Mountain Lion 10.8.2 - Frequently crashes when using plug-ins

Logic Pro 9.1.8 frequently crashes giving a problem report 'Logic Pro quit unexpectedly while using the Superior Drummer plug-in' followed by problem details.

User uploaded file

This also happens when using Arturia Analog Laboratory. Others report similar problems when using third party plug-ins.

Some have suggested removing the folder /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/ProKit.framework and then installing ProKit Update 7. I've tried this without success. Once removed, attempting to install it only launches the alert 'A newer version of this software is already installed', which it patently isn't. Removing it also prevents Logic Pro from launching and requires the reinstallation of Mountain Lion. Don't do it!

Others say it's a problem with Mountain Lion and even Lion. Apparently, the above fix works with Snow Leopard but unfortunately, since I downloaded Snow Leopard from the app store, I can't revert back to it because it's no longer available.

I don't know whether the problem is with the plug-ins, Logic Pro, or the operating system but I do know that this is not uncommon. All have been updated to their latest versions. I can not verify whether the plug-ins worked in previous incarnations, with a previous operating system or Logic Pro since I've only ever used them with Mountain Lion on a MacBook Pro Retina 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3.

Does anyone know of a solution? HELP!!!

Posted on Oct 27, 2012 9:32 PM

There are no replies.

Logic Pro 9.1.8 + Mountain Lion 10.8.2 - Frequently crashes when using plug-ins

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.