4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 27, 2012 11:01 PM by stevejobsfan0123
jtehlert Level 1 (0 points)

I am a developer and want to start making apps for the new screen resolutions as well as continue android development. It is also time for me to get a new phone. So should I get an android phone like the S3 and get an iPod touch, or just get an iPhone 5 and continue to use my old android phone for development?

I know this is a really vague question, so I'm asking what the more experienced developers would do.

• stevejobsfan0123 Level 8 (40,262 points)

I would get an iPhone 5, as iPhone 5 users tend to lean towards apps that are optimized for its screen size.

• mende1 Level 10 (92,171 points)

5th generation iPod touch and iPhone 5 have the same resolution, so it's up to you. If you want to develop Android apps, the Android SDK includes an Android emulator, as well as Xcode has got an iPhone emulator to run your programs

• jtehlert Level 1 (0 points)

I already develop both, just to start developing for the newer devices.

One of my big questions is do you guys actually keep the same phone for two years, or do you tend to jump around? I'm the type that tends to get bored with a phone fairly easily once better tech is out.

• stevejobsfan0123 Level 8 (40,262 points)

One of my big questions is do you guys actually keep the same phone for two years

I have no choice. I'm locked into a contract. Are you saying that you buy multiple phones in the $600 range in two years just to get them without a contract? Anyway, if you decide Android, I would not get an S3. Maybe an HTC or Droid. But I would go with iPhone 5.