Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I reduce the column width in a spreadsheet according to the text?

Hi,

I added a spreadsheet to a pages document and now I want to reduce the column width so that it fits the content (text).

I tried it the other way around: I added very small columns and then chose the adjust-automatically-option in informations. This worked, the columns became broader and matched the text.

Now I got a lot of spreadsheets which columns are too broad. When choosing adjust-automatically just nothing happens. What can I do?

Sorry if this sounds a little weird, I'm using English seldom at time and don't know which words to choose to describe my problem properly. Hope someone can help me nevertheless?

Sarah

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011), iOS 5.1

Posted on Oct 27, 2012 11:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2012 6:58 AM

Hi Sarah,

In Pages, the table Autosize feature pertains to Row Height, not Column Width. Numbers has more Table sizing options than Pages does, so you might want to consider looking into doing your work in Numbers.

In Pages, there are slight differences in how tables behave depending on whether they are Inline or Floating. You might want to experiment with that. Long tables, however, must be Inline.

Jerry

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2012 6:58 AM in response to Sarah1904

Hi Sarah,

In Pages, the table Autosize feature pertains to Row Height, not Column Width. Numbers has more Table sizing options than Pages does, so you might want to consider looking into doing your work in Numbers.

In Pages, there are slight differences in how tables behave depending on whether they are Inline or Floating. You might want to experiment with that. Long tables, however, must be Inline.

Jerry

How can I reduce the column width in a spreadsheet according to the text?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.