Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Overdrive Media Console/iPhone Problem Resolved-"iTunes is not responding, bring iTunes to the front and check status.

I could not download books from Overdrive Media Console from my iMac desktop. I realized if I turned off iTunes Match in my iphone, it fixed the problem. On your iphone...Go to "Setting", scroll down to "Music" and turn off iTunes Match. i Tunes match is a music subscription service that I had purchased a few weeks ago. I could not figure out when I tried to download audiobooks from Overdrive I got the following message "iTunes is not responding, bring iTunes to the front and check status". Problem solved. I hope this helps others who are experiencing the same problem!

iPhone 4

Posted on Oct 28, 2012 8:42 AM

1 reply

Jul 30, 2015 11:10 AM in response to Golfball005

I never subscribed to iTunes Match, so nothing to turn off ... but while in the settings for Music, i disabled SHOW APPLE MUSIC & iCLOUD MUSIC LIBRARY & changed SORT ALBUMS by TITLE just to be safe, and it worked!

However, to have iTunes save your place in an audiobook (very handy), you need to highlight all tracks of the playlist (book) then right click and select GET INFO, then OPTIONS and scroll down to AUDIOBOOK and finally select REMEMBER PLAYBACK POSITION -- and your audiobook will move to iBooks automatically -- it's a new day for listening to books borrowed from the library!

(ps: i was told by two (county'em) Apple Care techs that they didn't know about changing files to Audiobook -- the third wanted $29! )

Overdrive Media Console/iPhone Problem Resolved-"iTunes is not responding, bring iTunes to the front and check status.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.