Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Strange delivery error with last update of IBA.

Hey,

Is anybody familiar with the following delivery error? It is first time to see it and I'm afraid it has something do to with updated IBA. Please help me. Thx! Ugo

ERROR ITMS-4171: "Problemi_Pirate_2.ibooks: Provided asset contains a version number that does not conform to allowable version number specifications. Provided = 1,0" at Book (MZItmspBookPackage)

iBook, i books author

Posted on Oct 28, 2012 1:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2012 3:05 PM

See the other recent threads on this (version should not use comma) [ "ERROR ITMS-4171: "MORENO.ibooks: Provided asset contains a version number that does not conform to allowable version number specifications. Provided = 1,0" at Book (MZItmspBookPackage)" ? ], and be sure to use iTunes Producer 2.8.

5 replies

Oct 28, 2012 3:33 PM in response to K T

Thanks KT I changed to 1.0 and will see.

Btw it looks quite strange to me. The 1,0 version is automatically given by the software, and there is no way (at least I think so) to change it unless you export the ibooks file and import it manually to the ITP.

It seems that the IBA makes automatically mistake!?! While using the "publish" function it is not possible to give ir change version number.

Also, there are two options: "sample for Ibookstore" and "book for iBooks" (translated from italian). It automatically choose the 2nd and then you may change version no. (default is 1,0).

Maybe it has something to do with conversion between , and . but I would have expected somebody to try the process before releasing the updated software...

Thanks again, I will update you with result.

Ugo

Oct 28, 2012 3:34 PM in response to ugofalace

from iBooks Author help:

"

Export in iBooks format

1. With the book open, choose Share > Export, and click iBooks.
  2. Choose Standard Book for iBooks from the Export As pop-up menu.If you want, type a book version number in the Version Number field.
  3. Click Next.
  4. Type a name for the book, choose a place to save it, and click Export.
  5. "
  6. I cannot get Author to publish without a version number (you should be able to highlight the version area and type a number)

May 8, 2013 4:35 AM in response to K T

Hallo, PLS HELP ME ..! I

User uploaded file

Package Summary:

1 package(s) were not uploaded because they had problems:

/Volumes/QUANTICO/SILVIA/Di Silvia Michela Carrassi LadySilvia/9788890875007.itmsp - Error Messages:

Apple's web service operation was not successful

Unable to authenticate the package: 9788890875007.itmsp

ERROR ITMS-4171: "viaggi_attraverso_lo_spirito.ibooks: Provided asset contains a version number that does not conform to allowable version number specifications. Provided = 1,0" at Book (MZItmspBookPackage)

Strange delivery error with last update of IBA.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.