Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

syncing notes

Have notes on my iphone and notes on my Macbook pro. Can I sync them?

Posted on Oct 28, 2012 4:23 PM

11 replies

May 6, 2013 5:21 AM in response to lllaass

"Syncing Notes using iTunes is no longer supported on OS X v10.8 and late" ...

... I'm not sure that syncing is actually supported using iCloud either - another seemingly simple idea that doesn't work. I've just downloaded Mountain Lion SPECIFICALLY to sync notes and I'm getting nothing. iCloud ID loaded up in iPad and iMac Preferences (yes, it's the same ID), 'Notes' switched 'ON', and nothing ... extremely annoying.

oh - I discovered that new notes are synced, but not old notes and that the new notes show up in the 'iCloud' notes section, not in the 'iCloud account name that I was asked to ensure linked up with all devices' account name.

Is there a way of syncing old notes other than copying and pasting them all into new notes, (thus losing all dates of when they were created)

Jan 4, 2014 6:06 AM in response to cheonweb

About 35% of the global population have broadband connectivity and even those who have it, may have to pay horrific bills for data usage. iTunes works just fine between my iOS7 on iPhone 5 and ML latest updates. It is when I need to sync my NOTES that I am forced through the cloud and that irks me.

A Mac user from USA said he/she could not understand this predicament and I ended up saying "there is a whole world outside the US, a life beyond New York." Systems developers seem to believe that just about everybody has broadband. That is a very wrong perception as the actual figure is well below 35%.

Is there a workaround or an app that does NOTES via wireless direct or USB?

My Macbook Pro tells me that, as far as Bluetooth is concerned, my iPhone 5 is an "unsupported device."

This new and unexpected frustration with Apple is something that irks others, not just me.

Is there a cure for this?

syncing notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.