Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remote Administration using server is not working 10.8.2/2.1.1

I have set up two different servers using 10.8 with all updates applied before promoting to OD. Both these servers have static IPS and are running DNS. Everything is working. However, I cannot manage either of them using Server 2.1.1. No firewall; VNC works. This is really annoying. I have read other posts that this error is solved with 10.7.3. Not true here. Can anyone help please . . . thanks for your time, it's much appreciated.

Posted on Oct 28, 2012 5:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2012 7:20 PM

I called Apple support and they were very helpful. Changing from a manual proxy to an auto proxy (.pac) prompted the certificate authentication dialogue to appear. All working now.

1 reply

Remote Administration using server is not working 10.8.2/2.1.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.