Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does iPad Mini Cellular Version supports GSM Calls ?

Hi,

Using iPad Mini Cellular version(WiFi+Cellular), can I make GSM Calls to Mobile/Land line phone? (Not talking about Data Call using WiFi or 3G)

Cheers,

San.🙂

iPad, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 28, 2012 6:24 PM

7 replies

Oct 28, 2012 6:54 PM in response to BobTheFisherman

Well, I could see it is mentioned in the tech spec that it supports following GSM Modes

GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)

apart from 3G/WiFi Modes, and ideally this is found on devices where we can make GSM Calls (e.g Galaxy S3, iPhone) and even iphone has the similar spec for GSM.

So I am wondering if the iPad Mini will be like the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.0 which is a 7 inch tab and at the same time we can make GSM Calls as well like a phone.

Oct 28, 2012 8:37 PM in response to iSan23

Okies , so you meant only data. i.e iPad Mini Can use GSM Sim Cards and can use the GPRS/EDGE Data Service on that Sim. RIght? and I Belive we would require a pre gprs/edge enabled SIM for that , as there would not be any dialer on iPad Mini to try the USSD codes for activation/deactivation of SIM Services. right?

Does iPad Mini Cellular Version supports GSM Calls ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.