Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is the password for Apple ID different from the Apple Support Forum password?

Maybe I didn't update the Apple Support password to be the same as the Apple ID one in my personal list. When I signed in unsuccessfully I was refused and got the following. What does it mean? Is the password for Apple ID different from the Apple support Forum password?

User uploaded file

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 28, 2012 5:31 PM

5 replies

Oct 28, 2012 7:12 PM in response to ZoomnWheels

I usually copy paste my passwords from a list and apparently Apple isn't allowing that anymore. It doesn't say that specifically but I just tested that out. I also tested the password on iTunes, Apple Forum(here), etc. and it worked when I typed it in.

I also think I may have used an old password as well.

I was curious when error 500 came up stating The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request. Then there are several lines under Exception and root cause ending in java: then a number. Then a note that The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/6.0.16

Not sure what all that means.

Oct 28, 2012 7:24 PM in response to ZoomnWheels

ZoomnWheels wrote:

I usually copy paste my passwords from a list and apparently Apple isn't allowing that anymore.

Could be. Safari implements W3C standards strictly - one of which is a prohibition against using copy / paste or remembering passwords for sites that prohibit it. I find that an inconvenience but W3C didn't ask me.

Firefox, for example, relaxes that requirement. Sometimes I use FF for sites in which I know I don't have to type a password because FF auto-fills it whereas Safari won't.

Don't know about the java error.

Is the password for Apple ID different from the Apple Support Forum password?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.