Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting error message when uploading book on iTunes

I am uploading a book in urdu language in picture format and I am getting this message: Language ur for type main is only supported in epub 3 content." at book (MZItmspBookPackage). Does anyone know what does this mean? Thank you so much!

Paid_account Iconnect

Posted on Oct 28, 2012 7:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2012 9:27 PM

The latest iTunes Producer Guide, version 2.8, says that a number of new languages are now supported by iBooks and the iBookstore using the ePub 3 format. iBooks 3 and iOS 6 are required. These are:

Arabic, Burmese, Chinese, Dari, Hebrew, Japanese, Khmer, Kurdish, Lao, Malay, Pashto, Persian, Punjabi, Sindhi, Tajik, Urdu, Uyghur, and Uzbek

Some info regarding producing epub3 can be found at

http://www.slideshare.net/liz_castro/writing-epub-3-tokyo-ebook-expo

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2012 9:27 PM in response to Andaaz

The latest iTunes Producer Guide, version 2.8, says that a number of new languages are now supported by iBooks and the iBookstore using the ePub 3 format. iBooks 3 and iOS 6 are required. These are:

Arabic, Burmese, Chinese, Dari, Hebrew, Japanese, Khmer, Kurdish, Lao, Malay, Pashto, Persian, Punjabi, Sindhi, Tajik, Urdu, Uyghur, and Uzbek

Some info regarding producing epub3 can be found at

http://www.slideshare.net/liz_castro/writing-epub-3-tokyo-ebook-expo

Oct 30, 2012 5:11 PM in response to Tom Gewecke

Tom thank you for taking the time to answer. This is good information! However, I am dealing with uploading the book using ibooks author. I chose "Urdu" language and it didn't work. But when I chose "Hindi" Language, everything worked out and the book was uploaded without any errors.

But I have to have this book uploaded by choosing "URDU" language so it ends up appearing in the right category.

Getting error message when uploading book on iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.