Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mouse and keyboard freezes since update to 10.7.5

After updating to 10.7.5 the mouse and keyboard freeze at least once a day. i can move the pointer but the keyboard and click functions don't respond. after restarting i get the message "The disc you inserted was not readable by this computer". how do i solve this one? ( i've also had one kernal panic since the update which i have never experineced on this imac before) - i also installed an extra 8gbs of kingston ram whitout any problems a few days before updating the system in case this is relevent.

Posted on Oct 29, 2012 2:08 AM

3 replies

Oct 29, 2012 7:15 AM in response to JB-Baby

I can only suspect the Kingston RAM and suggest that you should:

1. Recheck the iMac: Memory specifications to make sure that the Kingston RAM is correct for your model iMac.

2. Test the RAM using the Apple Hardware Test or MemTest for Mac OS X

3. Remove the Kingston RAM and run it for a few days on the stock RAM installed to see if the problem clears up.

mouse and keyboard freezes since update to 10.7.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.