Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are my Location Services no longer working in Mountain Lion?

I don't remember when it started but I can no longer use the location services in Mountain Lion. Everytime I try to locate a Tweet or Facebook post from either Notification Center or Share Sheets, the arrow turns blue, then turns greay again with "Add Location."I also cannot use Find My Mac using iCloud. iCloud tells me that it cannot locate my device.

I can confirm that I do have Location turned on under Privacy.

I don't know what to do or if anyone else if suffering from a similar problem.

Any help would be welcomed.

MacBook Pro (17-inch Early 2011), OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Oct 29, 2012 9:08 AM

2 replies

Oct 31, 2012 4:24 PM in response to mariobros27772

I have similar problems but not the exact same. My case is that whenever I restart my Macbook pro 13 mid 2010 running ML 10.8.2, location services turns off. I turn it on and again when I restart my Mac, it is turned automatically off. I am tired of turning the location services on privacy settings on everytime I start my mac. What could be the flaw? How to solve it?

Oct 13, 2013 2:56 AM in response to mariobros27772

HI

i having problem :

location servics enables (nothing in list)(no app in list which accesses location),

icloud "find my mac" enabled,

and WHEN I TRY TO FIND MY MACBOOK ON icloud or "find my iphone app" on iphone.

it says:

"ONLINE,LOCATION UNAVAILABLE"

and one more thing, when i set "time & date" to "set automactic according to my location"

then the result is "unable to determine location at this time."

CAN ANYONE TELL, HOW TO MAKE LOCATIONS ACCESSED? IS IT WIFI SETTINGS? OR IS IT OTHER SETTINGS BEYOND MAC .???

Why are my Location Services no longer working in Mountain Lion?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.