Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri not working while connected to Audi AMI

it turns out that I cannot fully use the features of my iPhone while

connected to a certified car audio system (Audi Ami).

env: iOS (10a403), iPhone 4S ,audi q5 , ami hw h07,sw 0350, Bluetooth Nokia bh-202

issue: iphone connected to car through cable, BT paired and working for phone answ.

action 1 (OK): press BT to wake up SIRI,it works.

now start listening music, for the very first time after connecting the phone .

action 2 (KO): press BT to wake up SIRI , music fades out, Siri pops up , BT 'bips' intending

that audio is ready, suddendly Siri closes immediately after bip just like you press BT ,

with no way to speech anything. The same action performed without being attached

to AMI works as expected.

action 3 (work around) : while listening music and without Siri working as described in action #2,

activate 'Podcast' app , select an existing podcast and play it.

you will continue to see the previous song title still on AMI display but the sound is actually your podcast

(first little bug). now press pause/mute on the radio and press BT to wake up Siri,

it will works.

others: pausing/muting AMI , switching it completely off , switching off the car while playing music

does not workaround the problem.

it seems that the behavior is different when 'Music' app is playing audio or when another application

('Podcast') is playing audio. For this reason I tend to blame Apple's software than Audi sw.

it seems that the issue is related to the fact that the phone try to use not the BT mic to

listening for commands but search (and fails) , for some other (car?) mics.

I'm available for further test with some kind of debug app to produce diag information .

iPhone 4, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 29, 2012 2:02 PM

4 replies

Jan 24, 2014 2:55 PM in response to whootang12

Hi ,

In the meaning while I upgraded to 5S (IOS 7.0.4), this introduced the Lightning-to-Dock adapter .

I'm using the Apple's original adapter and things seems still working (I wonder) , I mean :

+) if you are listening music, it's enough that you pause it from AMI and kick in SIRI with BT/HeadPhones long click

If you do not use this WA, SIRI seems dumb , even if you use IPhone-s MIC/HeadPhones/BT .

I guess that the AMI is keeping control of the music app and redirects the MIC elsewhere (maybe

assuming that AMI have his own MIC) . I think that if this problem can be reproduced with another docking

station for IPhone that access the music library directly and take control of Audio/Mic

AMI can be definitively ruled out from this (BUG?) .

I would call it BUG because it expected that SIRI activation should override any MIC redirections and prefer MIC/HPhone/BT.

Aug 24, 2014 1:33 PM in response to whootang12

Ok, here's how I have mine setup. I have my iPhone 5s plugged into the AMI connector. When I activate SIRI the iPhone connects to my Audi's bluetooth phone connection and starts to work but get's cut off in less than a second. I think the AMI connection keeps trying to activate it's own connection and just cuts SIRI off. it works perfect if I disconnect the cable from the iPhone while using SIRI. I'm not sure who's bug this is, Apple's or Audi's. It would be great if Audi came out with software updates but that's not going to happen.

If anyone figures out how to get SIRI working reliably while still connected to the AMI please post!

BTW, this is a 2011 A4 no Nav.

Siri not working while connected to Audi AMI

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.