Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to make a sine wave graph

Really stuck

I want to make sine graph and to be honest I am stuck, anyone help to put in simple step by step format for me please?

Thanks

iMac, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 29, 2012 2:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2012 2:36 PM

make a table with two columns:

Column A contains time (or angle)

Column B contains the sin functions that uses the value in the same row of column A

like:

User uploaded file

Make the first row a header.

A2=ROW()*PI()/30

B2=SIN(A2)

select A2 and B2, then fill down by grabbing (click and hold) the little circle at the bottom right of the selection then drag dow as needed.

now select columns A and B, then select the Scatter Chart from the Chart men u in the tool bar.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 29, 2012 2:36 PM in response to shaunbuk

make a table with two columns:

Column A contains time (or angle)

Column B contains the sin functions that uses the value in the same row of column A

like:

User uploaded file

Make the first row a header.

A2=ROW()*PI()/30

B2=SIN(A2)

select A2 and B2, then fill down by grabbing (click and hold) the little circle at the bottom right of the selection then drag dow as needed.

now select columns A and B, then select the Scatter Chart from the Chart men u in the tool bar.

Oct 30, 2012 7:04 PM in response to Wayne Contello

I agree : Grapher is the best to draw mathematical curves. For trigonometric functions the abscissa axis can be graduated in fractions of pi : 0 0,25pi 0,5pi etc.

The accuracy of a Grapher curve remains good when zooming a part of the curve. That is not true using a list on a Numbers or Excel spreadsheet.

If you are a new user of Grapher : a lot of free documentation available on <http://y.barois.free.fr/grapher/> (French and English)

YB24

How to make a sine wave graph

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.