Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fuji X Pro-1 no RAW support...again

All,

Hope some Apple folks in support or dev might read this forum. My handy software update popped up today and said there was new camera RAW support and I was HAPPY, until I noticed YET again there is no support for the Fuji X-Pro 1 (Fuji's flagship camera)

Working professional photographer here. I work for a large university and also freelance with a good client base.

I have switched my camera package to the new Fuji X-Pro (well it's actually been out coming up on a year) and I LOVE...repeat LOVE Aperture. It is part of my daily workflow..until now. I've had all kinds of issues get trying to get Fuji RAW files to work somehow with my beloved Aperture. My current work around was simply shooting high quality jpg and archving the raw until Apple updates Aperture for the .RAF files.

This simply had to stop being my workflow and my company purchased Lightroom so I can work within the the RAW files. Will someone at Apple actually listen?? Please get an updated camera RAW to include the Fuji X-Pro 1!!! Holy crap!!!

Posted on Oct 29, 2012 2:53 PM

11 replies

Oct 30, 2012 8:26 AM in response to ksphotog

We are just users here. Although if I was Tim Cook Apple would have engineers lurking these forums, I certainly would not count on any rant here getting to Apple. They have a PITA very un-Apple-like feedback process for that.

Over the years there have been hundreds maybe thousands of posts like yours. IMO it is the height of incompetence that Apple sells a pro app but is always slower than the competition to support new cameras. It forces users away from Aperture, incredibly dumb marketing. Someone at a high pay grade is making some bad choices.

The good news is that Apple is much more responsive now than it was in the past, but as your post indicates it still is not good enough.

-Allen

Oct 30, 2012 9:23 AM in response to ksphotog

ksphotog wrote:

This simply had to stop being my workflow and my company purchased Lightroom so I can work within the the RAW files. Will someone at Apple actually listen?? Please get an updated camera RAW to include the Fuji X-Pro 1!!! Holy crap!!!

Please let us know how it goes with Lightroom. Adobe's latest camera support document doesn't list the camera, and there are reports of problems with what has been made available so far in betas and RC's.

Oct 31, 2012 10:29 AM in response to SierraDragon

Apple has certainly improved the speed of RAW updates over the last couple of years. For example, Canon T3i and T4i support was provided on or before the camera's could be bought in the US. And the EOS-M support was just added with the latest RAW update and that camera is only now becoming available in the US. The D800 and 5DmIII support was provided within a month of camera release.

The Fuji seems to be an outlier. They must have a reason (that we'll never know) why RAW support for the Fuji is not forthcoming.

Oct 31, 2012 2:48 PM in response to Andreas Yankopolus

It really appears that bayer de-mosaicing is deeply embedded in the RAW conversion as it stands now.

And while there may be no de-mosaicing for the foveon, you do get a lot of cross-coupling in the pixel. For example, if you have a color with a lot of blue and little red, some of the blue signal might leak into the red signal.

At least according to wikipedia.

Fuji X Pro-1 no RAW support...again

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.