Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 2 not syncing Calendar to other devices through iCloud

My iPad 2 is not syncing Calendar events to other devices through iCloud

Devices: MacBook Pro (Mountain Lion 10.8.2), iPhone 3GS (iOS 6.0), iPad 2 (iOS 6.0)

iPad 2 Settings:

iCloud settings: Calendars 'ON'

Mail, Contacts, Calendars: Default Calendar: Calendar; Sync: All events

Shared Calendar Events: 'ON'

Within Calendar App: Calendars checked: Home, Calendar

iPhone 3GS Settings:

Identical to iPad 2 settings

MacBook Pro iCloud Calendar: Home and Calendar checked

I set up the following test event entries for the same date to see what was coming up in each device above:

1-From iPad: iPad to iCloud test

2-From iPhone: iPhone to iCloud test

3-From iCloud.com: iCloud.com to iCloud test

4-From MacBook Pro: Launchpad Calendar App to iCloud test

(The last two entries may be redundant, but I wanted to cover all possibilities.)

I then I checked the Calendar App for each of the above devices for "events" 1, 2, 3, and 4 above.

The iPhone Calendar App had "events" 2, 3, and 4

The MacBook Calendar App through LaunchPad had "events" 2, 3, and 4

iCloud.com had "events" 2, 3, and 4

The iPad, however, had "events" 1, 2, 3, and 4

Only the iPad had all events entered from all devices. This creates a problem, of course, since I almost always have the iPad with me, and that's where I make additions/changes to Calendar, Contacts, Notes, and Reminders. Dependability across the Cloud is pretty important! What can I do to resolve this?

N.B., Contacts and Reminders synced successfully across all devices through iCloud. Notes, on the other hand, showed a different problem. When I created a "Test from devices" note, the iPad and the iPhone showed the additions to the note from each device, including the MacBook. The MacBook only showed what had been written from the MacBook. Hmmmm...

Any help here would be greatly appreciated!

2tallDave

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Oct 29, 2012 4:06 PM

4 replies

Oct 29, 2012 4:53 PM in response to 2tallDave

First check that all your settings are correct, that calendar syncing is checked on all devices (system preferences > iCloud on a mac and settings > iCloud on a iPhone, iPad or iPod).

Make sure the calendars you are using are in your 'iCloud' account and not an 'On My Mac', 'On My Phone' or other non iCloud account (you can do this by clicking/tapping the calendar button in the top left corner of the application ), non iCloud calendars will not sync.

If you are sure that everything is set up correctly and your calendars are in the iCloud account, you might try unchecking calendar syncing in the iCloud settings, restarting your device and then re-enabling calendar syncing settings.

Nov 6, 2012 5:05 PM in response to Winston Churchill

I was wondering if you might be able to help me. I have the exact opposite problem!

After upgrading to Mountain Lion, I moved Notes, Calendar and Reminders on my iMac, iPhone 3GS, iPad and iPad 2 to iCloud. But I found all the old entries in my calendar had disappeared! So I switched Calendar back to 'OFF' on my iPhone and two iPads, and unticked it in System Preferences on my iMac.

I restored my old calendar on my iMac using Time Machine and synced it to my iPhone and iPads via USB.

But now when I create an event on my iPhone, it doesn't sync with my iMac (when I connect via USB). I've even restored my iPhone and still nothing copies over to my iMac. Similarly, events created on my iMac don't copy over to my iPhone or iPads!

Would you know what I can do to fix this?

Any help you could provide would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

E Wong

Nov 10, 2012 4:48 AM in response to randers4

Thanks for your advice and help.

I've reset as suggested, but unfortunately, events created on my iPhone are still not transferring to my iMac (via iTunes) and events created on the calendar on my iMac are not transferring to my iPhone or iPad.

Everything used to work so well before my brief (and unsatisfactory) use of iCloud; this is kind of mysterious and very frustrating!

Best regards

E Wong

iPad 2 not syncing Calendar to other devices through iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.