Same for me. I did not find the plug-in as well. What I was doing was finding the added frame and creating a break. That eliminated the frame. Lot of messing around; however. I also found some Magic Bullit effects didn't cause the problems I had no problems, for example, with Black and While. I am using other effects like Magic Bullit but will still be glad when this issue is resolved.
Follow up to the fix... rendering problems back a few days after reinstalling 3rd party filters.
Taken from another site, I've adjusted the opacity of any clip that has a filter applied to something less than 100% (99.9 works) and then rendered without the corrupted frames showing up... Mainly using Neat Video filters on ProRes footage.