Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iBooks keeps asking for password

Every time I open iBooks the edit button is spining and I'm prompted for my password. I go to iTunes and nothing is downloading. This happens every single time I open iBooks and it's incredibly frustrating. It's as if it has to check the server to fill in my purchased books. This only started happening after upgrading to iOS 6.

What's up?

MBP 15, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Oct 29, 2012 10:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2012 9:59 PM

Same problem here-- iPad 3 and iOS6. Reinstalled iBooks, signed out of store and in again, and power cycled iPad -- with no success. Very annoying, especially if you have long password.

18 replies

Jan 13, 2013 7:41 AM in response to htmanning

Ok so I finally figured out how to this issue and thought I'd share:

1. You will need to access iTunes on either a pc or mac.

2. Log into the iTunes Store using the same appleid you use on the iOS device your having the problem with.

3. After logging into the store, click on your user ID and click 'account'

4. You will see your account information. There should also be a banner at the top saying " You have X purchases not yet downloaded"

5. Click the download button, let iTunes download the items and then the password prompt will disappear.

In my scenarios it was an album booklet that my iPhone and iPad couldn't download that was causing the login prompt to keep appearing.

Hope this helps someone out

Oct 13, 2013 5:34 PM in response to STOREY247

This thread helped me. I am using the latest (11.1.1) version of iTunes.

Went to Store > View Account

Right at the top of the page, and I mean the top (right around the Account Information title) was a message proclaiming downloads pending download. I clicked it and then the notification went away and so did the message on my iPad.

Bit long winded there but I'm just happy to have that popup gone! Best of luck!

- Dan

iBooks keeps asking for password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.