Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Thunderbolt to HDMI cable to TV?

I have a 2011 MBP with the Thunderbolt output, and wondered if buying the Thunderbolt or (mini display port) to HDMI would allow me to set up my Macbook Pro so I could play and output AVI's and Youtube to my Sony Bravia HDMI TV?

I have internet access on the Sony, so can watch some iPlayer etc, but the connection is soo flaky, and the ability to watch AVI's on the Sony, but its picky about the codecs and which ones to watch..

Will this cable work going from Thunderbolt output to HDMI TV in?

MacBook Pro i7 8GB - iPhone 4, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Oct 30, 2012 2:29 AM

6 replies

Oct 30, 2012 3:07 AM in response to buckaroo14

Yeah - I just don't like the short cable thing. When I was using my TV as a second 'monitor' I had my MBP beside me and the TV some 10 feet away: hence the need for a 15-foot cable. I just wouldn't be able to put up with a 1.5 meter cable (um, that's a little less than 5-feet - you know that we don't use the metric system in the US except for soda, don't you?).

So if 1.5 meters is enough for you just go ahead and buy the adapter/cable that you referenced. If not, look for an adapter that you can use with an 'extra' cable.

And, yes, you can set up so that anything on your Mac is mirrored on your television.

Good luck,

Clinton

Thunderbolt to HDMI cable to TV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.