Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Comcast Modem, HUGE CONNECTION PROBLEM WITH iOS Devices

Recently signed up for new Comcast internet service, since my roommate was moving out, so I needed my own Comcast internet service under my own name.

Got the new modem yesterday from Comcast, installed it, and connected to my AirPort Extreme. It worked fine on my MacBook Pro, FAILS COMPLTLEY TO CONNECT TO MY iPhone 5.

What happens is I get the library/test/success.html bug, but instead, it says "not found", which can only be reached if the internet connection gets cut off, which is what happens every time an iOS device connects to my Airport Extreme network connected with my new Comcast modem.

Connected my old roomate's modem, (which he still yets has to return), and I have no issue connecting to both iOS device and MacBook Pro. (note, he still has not cancelled HIS service yet)

Is it the modem's fault that something is wrong, or is there something wrong with the connection on my Comcast account?

Posted on Oct 30, 2012 2:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2012 3:55 AM

Are you plugging your modem into the same Cable?

If your roomie hasn't cancelled his service yet, there may be an issue on the Comcast side. The modems are serialized. There should be protections in place to prevent more than one modem from operating on the same cable run. If they have both accounts set as active in their system, it could be causing issues for you.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 30, 2012 3:55 AM in response to Kento Ito

Are you plugging your modem into the same Cable?

If your roomie hasn't cancelled his service yet, there may be an issue on the Comcast side. The modems are serialized. There should be protections in place to prevent more than one modem from operating on the same cable run. If they have both accounts set as active in their system, it could be causing issues for you.

New Comcast Modem, HUGE CONNECTION PROBLEM WITH iOS Devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.