Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail is not showing attachments

I have been using Mail for a few weeks now. When I want to download a an attachment sent recenelty, its not there. Very recent, like the most recent email with an attachment in a conversation is there, but then an attachment in an older email in that conversation is not there. It WAS there were it first arrived, or if its the most recent attachment in a conversation.

If I turn conversation view off its still not showing.

But he filesize of the email is indicating an attachment present.

So how would I retrieve this older attachment that was on an email that is no longer there?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Oct 30, 2012 5:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2012 5:09 AM

Also, if I go to File -> Save Attachments, it asks me where to save them, but then it never appears in this location, i.e. it does not save them.

An email without attachment does not give me the option to save them them, so therefore Mail knows there is an attachment in this email, its just not showing or downloading.

It is not specific to this email or sender, this is happeneing often.

20 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 30, 2012 5:09 AM in response to amityweb

Also, if I go to File -> Save Attachments, it asks me where to save them, but then it never appears in this location, i.e. it does not save them.

An email without attachment does not give me the option to save them them, so therefore Mail knows there is an attachment in this email, its just not showing or downloading.

It is not specific to this email or sender, this is happeneing often.

Oct 9, 2016 6:21 PM in response to amityweb

I'm getting really tired of having to rebuild my mailbox every 2 days... and losing all my flags.

I cannot run a business with this level of unreliability. Clients will send me an email with an attachment and I won't be able to see it. Then, I'll rebuild the mailboxes and an hour or two later, I can see the client's attachment. Thanks Apple, you are ruining me.

Mail is not showing attachments

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.