Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone "thinks" its on a dock all the time. There is nothing wrong with the speakers. What is going on?

My phone will not play music through the external speakers. The headphone jack works fine, I looked into the docking port and nothing seems to be out of place. The phone is ALWAYS in a case (Otterbox then Lifeproof), has NEVER been dropped. When I downloaded iOS6 is when I noticed the problem occuring. If I go to settings > Sounds > Ringers and select a song, it plays through the speaker no problem, but if I go to, say, YouTube (or the music app), no sound unless I use headphones. I'm going to the genius bar soon but I'd like to know if its an easy fix so I dont waste time driving all the way to the apple store (closest one is about 1.5h away from me). Any info is appreciated. Thanks 🙂

iPhone 4S, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 30, 2012 9:33 AM

2 replies

My iPhone "thinks" its on a dock all the time. There is nothing wrong with the speakers. What is going on?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.