Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store doesn't recognize my MacBookPro after I installed Mountain Lion

Recently upgraded to Mountain Lion in App Store. Now, although iPhoto upgrade appears in the window I get a message saying I need to sign into the account where I bought it. I am signed in with my Apple ID.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), iPad 2, iPhone 4S

Posted on Oct 30, 2012 10:04 AM

6 replies

Oct 31, 2012 6:17 PM in response to Dah•veed

I am embarrassed to say that in my Applications I just found i Work (not i Life) that was put there when I bought the new MBP in January. I have been using Lion all this year so the only thing that has changed is the upgrade to Mountain Lion. My other devices (iPad, IPhone 4s) do not have any problems with the App store upgrades. So how do I solve this issue? I appreciate any suggestions you can provide. Thanks for the reply.

Oct 31, 2012 6:28 PM in response to Carol Stewart

The prebundled (free) iLife suite apps are; iPhoto, iMovie and GarageBand. The iWork suite of apps (which is not free) are; Pages, Numbers and Keynote.

What do you see if you open the Mac App Store (MAS), sign into your account in the Store menu and go to the Purchases pane? Are the iLife apps there with Accept buttons?

If not, the only way to recover them may be to start fresh with a Mountain Lion internet restoration. Read particularly the section Restoring iLife applications after Internet Restore of OS X Lion or OS X Mountain Lion;

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4718

Oct 31, 2012 6:53 PM in response to Dah•veed

When I open MAS I already signed in. The iLife suite apps all have buttons saying upgrade. When I select upgrade all the pop-up message says " You have updates for other accounts. To update this sign in to the account you used to purchase it." I am signed in.

My original iPhoto transferred over to my MBB in January, from an older Mac Book purchased in 2007. I am wondering if iTunes (at that time) did not delete my old info from the Mac Book (which is now assigned to my son.) I remember going through a lot of hoops to delete that account.

I have been using the MAS to purchase and update lots of other apps right along.

App Store doesn't recognize my MacBookPro after I installed Mountain Lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.