Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Microphone Volume Recording too low?

Hi,

I recently bought a new MBP and iMac. Upgrading from my really outdated macbook. I used to record vocals with a samson C10U condenser mic (USB) on my old macbook and the vocal volume would turn out fine. I then put my mic into the new MBP and imac and the vocals record at a really low volume, even with Recording level at the max and increasing the volume from Preferences>Sound.

Is there any way to fix this?

Thank You.

P.S - The first vocals were recorded on my original macbook and the second one (highlighted) is recorded on the new MBP with the same settings.

User uploaded file

GarageBand (Mac) '11

Posted on Oct 30, 2012 10:18 AM

1 reply

Oct 31, 2012 6:35 AM in response to PrinceAceboy

Samson used to have a software pre-amp called SoftPre. It doesn't work under Leopard and onwards, so the fist thing to do is to uninstall it if it is on your computer:

http://www.samsontech.com/support/samson/howto/view/samson-softpre/

Then you should raise the input level. I forgot how I did it, and I'm not at my machine right now - either in the Sound control panel or in the Audio/Midi Utility.

Microphone Volume Recording too low?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.