Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does the typestyle in a cell change when I cut the information out of it?

I have spreadsheets where I have a distinctive typestyle, Papyrus, that I have set as the default.

When I drag or cut infomation out of a cell and move it elsewhere, then I go back to the original cell, the typestyle somehow changes to something else, Helvetica Neue. Can you help me figure out why and how to prevent it?

iMac

Posted on Oct 30, 2012 1:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2012 6:20 PM

Helvetica Neu 10 pt is the default text style for Numbers tables.

Setting a different style to one, some, or all cells does not make that different style the 'default.' Here's an example of the effects of three different sets of actions. All cells in the table had been set to display text as Jazz LET, 12 pt. The original content of B3, C3, and D3 was the same as is shown in C4. For each of the cells in row 3, the procedure described below was carried out, then the text shown was typed into the cell.

User uploaded file

When you Select a cell, then "Cut" the cell, the cut includes the text AND any style that has been set for that cell, and the cell reverts to the default style. See cell B3 in the example.

If you Select the cell, Copy, then press delete, the text (and style) are copied, the content (text), but not the style, is deleted. See C3.

If you click on the cell to select it, click again to place the insertion point in the cell (to edit the text), then Select the text and press delete (or Cut), then the text is removed from the cell, but the style remains. See D3.

Regards,

Barry

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 30, 2012 6:20 PM in response to SusanKrzywicki

Helvetica Neu 10 pt is the default text style for Numbers tables.

Setting a different style to one, some, or all cells does not make that different style the 'default.' Here's an example of the effects of three different sets of actions. All cells in the table had been set to display text as Jazz LET, 12 pt. The original content of B3, C3, and D3 was the same as is shown in C4. For each of the cells in row 3, the procedure described below was carried out, then the text shown was typed into the cell.

User uploaded file

When you Select a cell, then "Cut" the cell, the cut includes the text AND any style that has been set for that cell, and the cell reverts to the default style. See cell B3 in the example.

If you Select the cell, Copy, then press delete, the text (and style) are copied, the content (text), but not the style, is deleted. See C3.

If you click on the cell to select it, click again to place the insertion point in the cell (to edit the text), then Select the text and press delete (or Cut), then the text is removed from the cell, but the style remains. See D3.

Regards,

Barry

Why does the typestyle in a cell change when I cut the information out of it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.