Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I change my username on Apple Support Communities?

Hi, I was wondering if you could make a change in my username. I really don't like the numbers on the end and I would like it to just be my first and last name with a capital at the beginning of each name(ie John Smith). If an admin could change it for me, it would mean a great deal. I know you're not supposed be able to change your name unless you are an admin or operator but I just wanted to make a minor change.

Thanks,
Adam

Posted on Oct 30, 2012 3:03 PM

5 replies

Oct 31, 2012 6:58 AM in response to adam1232

The con would be if you have made any purchases in the iTunes Store or Mac App Store or use iCloud using your existing Apple ID, you'll have to keep track of two Apple IDs and their relevant passwords and remember which you use where. If you forget and start making purchases with the second ID, it can become rather cumbersome and confusion when it comes time to update apps or re-download content.

As to which of your proposed options is better, I don't have any strong opinion. Any difference is rather arbitrary and so your personal preference.

Regards.

Can I change my username on Apple Support Communities?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.