Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture prompts me to re-enter my registration information every launch

I recently did a clean installation of Mountain Lion onto a new SSD installed in my MacPro. I re-installed all of the applications from scratch, including Aperture and pulled over the contents of my home directory using Migration Assistant.

Now, whenever I launch Aperture, I'm prompted to enter my user information (including serial number). Since I upgraded to Aperture 3 from 2.0, i can't just enter the Aperture 3 serial number, I have to enter both the 2.0 and 3.0 serial numbers. My purchase of this software goes back to the day when there was no App Store, so I have to go back to the printed serial numbers on the boxes, not just re-download from the App Store. This is a huge inconvenience and any suggestions where to look to make it stop would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

scott

MacPro Dual Quad Core 3.0 GHz, Mac OS X (10.6.2), MacBook Pro 2.0GHz

Posted on Oct 30, 2012 3:03 PM

6 replies

Oct 30, 2012 3:10 PM in response to scott nichol

Scoot,

you may have a corrupted "ProAppSystemID" file or Aperture cannot write to the System Library.

To stop Aperture asking for the serial number, first check, if you still have an old file "ProAppSystemID" in your System Library.

• Quit Aperture.
  • Go to your MacintoshHD and open the folder "Library", then "Application Support", then "ProApps".
  • Remove the File "ProAppsSystemID" to the Desktop, if it exist and restart Aperture.
  • Reenter your serial number, hopefully for the last time.

Sometimes Aperture writes this file to a temporary directory, when it cannot write to the Library. If the above does not work, look at the temporary directory /tmp

Use the Finder's "Go" menu

Go > Got to folder and enter /tmp into the textfield. If you see the file there, move it to its proper location.

In this case you may want to check the permissions on the "ProApps" folder. You need Read and Write permissions. MAke sure you are using an administrator account, when entering the serial numbers.

Regards

Léonie

Aperture prompts me to re-enter my registration information every launch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.