Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do you have to pay tax if you buy online?

Do you have to pay tax if you want to buy an ipad 4th online???

iPad

Posted on Oct 30, 2012 9:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2012 4:04 AM

"Do you have to pay tax if you want to buy an ipad 4th online???"

No, you do not pay ANYTHING if you simply "want" to buy. However, if you actually order online, the tax you are charged will be dependent upon where the product is delivered to. Some states require Apple to charge tax, others do not.

3 replies

Nov 1, 2012 7:53 PM in response to LawrenceMKim

As Mr Wolf said, it depends on your delivery address. If you are in the US and are fortunate to live in New Hampshire, for example, (fortunate is debatable of course.. though this is where I reside), you will pay no tax.

Let us know in which state you live and accurate advice will, I'm sure, be forthcoming.

Or just check out the Wikipedia sales tax listings for your state (assuming no one has 'fiddled' with them).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sales_taxes_in_the_United_States

I hope this helps.

Do you have to pay tax if you buy online?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.