Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5 quality complaints

I guys, I'm living in Sydney. I love Apple products because they look very sleek and beautiful but I do have somethings I don't like about Apple. I feel like Apple's product quality is going down since the iphone 4. Apple iphones' problem does not appear to be major but there are tiny small defects that come with different iphones. I have been Apple fan since I bought myself an iphone 4. That was also when I start experiencing frustration with Apple products such as dead pixels, yellow tint screen, small scratches right out of the box, loud noisy vibration on iphone 4s, loose button and tons of other minor defects. Even-though those tiny little defects wont affect me using the phone but it makes me feel like cheap phones, assembled negligently, feel I paid for a second hand phones. Those are just my personal experiences and my personal opinion, I might be wrong. Do not judge me on this. To make my opinions more justifiable, the following is my most recent story with Apple, the latest iphone, the iphone 5.

I have got my brand new iphone 5 two days ago, I was so excited until I saw a dead pixel near the bottom left of the screen after an hour of playing. I immediately booked an appointment at genius bar, the genius guy swapped me a new iphone 5 from a white box (not sure if it was a refurbished phone or not). I spent a few minutes on checking the new phone and i found a dead pixel again near the top left of the screen. I was like very angry, I asked the genius guy to replace me a brand new phone sealed in the box and he was like ok, he said he will call me later in the next few days to come to pick up a brand new phone and return the current one because they don't have the phone in stock atm. So now I'm still using the defective phone and waiting for their call. If the brand new phone that I will get has any other problem, I would definitely ask for refund.

I know Apple customer service is great, they give you a replacement unit if your one is defective but that's might not work if they keep replacing you new phones and you keep having new problems with replacement phones. It's like running in a circle and never end. Having this type of service is great but I think it must collaborate with good product quality control. Once the phone is replaced with a new phone, the new phone is expected to be defects free and able to be used for a long term.

Myself as a customer would feel very happy in the first time after Apple gave me a new replacement phone but who knows the new phone will have potential defects. If I didn't check the replacement phone, I would have walked home with the problem and it will waste me another appointment schedule in the future when I discover that dead pixel on the screen. Eventually, my message to Apple is that their product quality control is really bad. If they don't improve their quality control, customer will keep bringing back their items and Apple will keep replacing new ones. That will be wasting Apple's resources and customers' time. Personally, replacing a unit once or twice and problems are gone is great but going back to genius bar a few times a week or a month is frustrating! That wastes my time. I have been running in the circle not only with the iphone 5, also with iphone 4, iphone 4s, ipad 2. Each one of them has various problems. If Apple don't improve their product quality in the future, maybe one day I will shift to another platform such as Android no matter how good their customer service is and how great their softwares are.

Posted on Oct 31, 2012 12:10 AM

4 replies

Oct 31, 2012 1:22 AM in response to ismash

Since none of us can see the future, how would we know? Apple products are already regarded as being the highest quality in the business. Many reviews of the iPhone 5 describe the build quality as comparable to that seen in a Rolex watch.

http://appleinsider.com/articles/12/09/14/apples_iphone_5_praised_as_a_rolex_amo ng_a_sea_of_timexes

Presumably Apple are always looking to improve on previous products.

Iphone 5 quality complaints

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.