Skip navigation

How do I view name of photo?

330 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 16, 2012 1:52 PM by Jerry Dammers RSS
Jerry Dammers Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Oct 31, 2012 2:45 AM

As per my previous question on unnamed faces, I have just upgraded to Aperture from iPhoto and am having a few teething problems as I get used to the differences.

This question should hopefully be straight forward!

I rename all my photos by their date/time.

In the different viewing settings, the only info I can see is "iPhoto original" across the bottom of the photo, with a couple of icons on the right (one is seemingly of a couple of lines; and the other of what looks like a mouse).  In iPhoto I could see the name underneath each photo (i.e. the date/time), which is what I need when viewing thumbnails of multiple photos.

I can see that very detailed photo info can be seen on the left hand side of the screen, but I just want the photo title under the photo when viewing mutltiple photos.

Therefore how do I view the name of photos, and also, what do the two icons represent?

Thank you

• léonie Level 8 Level 8 (46,465 points)
    Oct 31, 2012 5:47 AM (in response to Jerry Dammers)

Jerry, you need to customize your Metadata overlays:

• Turn on the display of metadata
    • and edit the presets to show exactly what kind of metadata you want to see in browser and viewer.

For example: To show the version name in the browser in "Expanded View" use the following settings:

metadata.png

- Click the badge icon below the Browser window.

- Enable "show metadata"

- click "Edit"

- Select "Grid View" expanded (or whatever view you want to configure)

- In the left pane select the metadata items you want to dislay, in the right pane arrange there order by dragging.

Regards

Léonie

• léonie Level 8 Level 8 (46,465 points)
    Nov 16, 2012 1:13 PM (in response to Jerry Dammers)

I think the "Title" you want is the field "Version name" in the "Aperture" section of the metadata tags.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.