Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCPX 10.0.6 crashing system when switching to Turbo GFX card

I am using a MBP. with 10.0.5 I was fine. Now when I use 10.0.6 and I use the "Beth" drive in question, it locks up the system and seems to unmount the drive I'm trying to work from. It gives me an error telling me my other user, which is really me, is using the drive.

This happens when I try to use my turbo graphics card as opposed to the slower regular graphics card. I go into energy saver and switch to "better performance" for graphics options. Once I log back in and launch FCPX i get the crashing and error messages.

The only way I can continue with the project is with my slower GFX card, which still crashes. Below are screenshots showing the error I get from FCPX sometimes before the system crashes.

First FCPX crashes and then the finder crashes.

These errors are telling me that the drive is already in use, but it's the same user I'm logged in as. There is no other user using this drive. it's counting me logging out to switch graphics cards, as the other user. Makes no sense to me.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Can anyone please help?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5), 8gb ram

Posted on Oct 31, 2012 6:40 AM

There are no replies.

FCPX 10.0.6 crashing system when switching to Turbo GFX card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.