Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can this problem with the IAC be fixed?

Hello. I'm using an ear training program like EarMaster 5 and i'm routing it with IAC in Mainstage because the souds of EM aren't very promising. As long as i practise with a piano sound everything is fine. But when i change sound in Mainstage (say an organ) it doesn't play me the first tone. It always with no exeption skips the first tone of the arpeggio that EM plays me and starts from the second tone. The funny thing is that Mainstage shows that the first tone is received, it registers it in the toolbar, shows which tone it is, but it doesn't play it. This hapens with mabye 70% of the sounds in mainstage. Why is this happening?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 31, 2012 7:03 AM

16 replies

Nov 16, 2012 4:42 AM in response to Kokomoko

Hi Kokomoko,

It´s clear that communication is done from EM throw MS seems to me it´s a case of missing wav´s for those instruments. But confirm it by doing:

Connect a keyboard and play some of those notes. Does it play it?

Try another thing, if you have a third part VST/AU (one that doesn´t came with MS - B4/Nexus/Kontak/etc) load it into MS and try it. Does it play it?

Post your results.

Hope i´ve helped you.

Bruno Filipe

Nov 16, 2012 7:47 AM in response to Kokomoko

Kokomoko,

What do mean with tone? You have a patch with a layered piano and organ or a piano patch and change to organ patch?

Can you post a print screen or send the concert to me?

It may be different things but need more information.

It could be different midi channels, Mainstage not assuming IAC, configuration problem.

You may try to send midi throw IAC from other program (logic/live/etc)?

Post your results.

Bruno Filipe

Nov 16, 2012 8:12 AM in response to Bruno Filipe

I have a piano patch loaded in Mainstage. With this patch everything works ok. But if i change to different patch (channel strip) (for example organ or clav, no piano, only one layer) Mainstage doesn't sound the first note (tone) of the arpeggio that Earmaster plays. For example: EM plays C-E-G-B. What i hear is Silence-E-G-B. It shows the C in the toolbar of Mainstage but it doesn't sound it. I'm using only the factory presets for this.

Nov 17, 2012 4:52 AM in response to Bruno Filipe

Ok, marimba works. But classic hip hop lead and deep funk clav are skipping the first tone. I said in my first post that mabye 70% of the patches are skipping the first tone. Here are those:

- all electric pianos

- all organs

- all clav

- all warped electric pianos

- all warped organs

- all warped clav

Wait a minute. Now i figured out that only those patches that are from EXS24 are working well. Every other plugin is skipping the first tone. Thats it.

Can this problem with the IAC be fixed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.