Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Certificate does not set for web site

Hi,

I have installed a brand new mac mini with Mac OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2) and installed the server app on it (2.1.1). I've configured all the network, set a network label and added a brand new and valid certificate.

Problem is, Each time I set the certificate for the web site and Open Directory, nothing hapend and the config stay at none fpr the certificate.

Also, I have these error in /Library/Logs/Webserver/Error_log

[Tue Oct 30 13:56:02 2012] [crit] (17)File exists: mod_rewrite: Parent could not create RewriteLock file /var/log/apache2/rewrite.lock

Configuration Failed

[Tue Oct 30 13:56:12 2012] [error] Server should be SSL-aware but has no certificate configured [Hint: SSLCertificateFile] (/Library/Server/Web/Config/apache2/sites/0000_any_443_.conf:23)

Is anyone have an idea ?

Sébastien

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), With server (2.1.1)

Posted on Oct 31, 2012 8:01 AM

2 replies

Oct 31, 2012 10:01 AM in response to Wyldspyder

Ok I tried to reset config of the web server with the command:

sudo serveradmin command web:command=restoreFactorySettings

with no succes, and the error :

serveradmin: servermgr_web: restoreFactorySettings failed

Also, try to uninstall server, delete everything in the folder /Library/Server, Reboot & reinstall with no success, got the same error...

Sébastien

Certificate does not set for web site

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.