Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i have lost the audio on my classic ipod

my classic still opens, but i do not have audio

it has the latest upgrade, i have reset and restored it to no avail

any suggestions ?? its about 4 years old ...

thanks

iPad 2, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Oct 31, 2012 9:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2012 12:13 PM

I assume you have also tried another headset to rule out the possibility that your current set or earbuds are not damaged or faulty in some way?

If so, you likely have a hardware issue with the device. A restore to factory settings would have corrected any sort of software glitch or error caused something such as corrupted data.

You'll want to either take or send your iPod in for service/repair.

B-rock

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 31, 2012 12:13 PM in response to willismom

I assume you have also tried another headset to rule out the possibility that your current set or earbuds are not damaged or faulty in some way?

If so, you likely have a hardware issue with the device. A restore to factory settings would have corrected any sort of software glitch or error caused something such as corrupted data.

You'll want to either take or send your iPod in for service/repair.

B-rock

Oct 31, 2012 12:25 PM in response to planb77

I have tried other ear buds, and they worked in a other speaker unit ( connecting the iPod to a set of speakers ) but it doesn't have audio when I turn it on - it plays, and I can feel some vibrations, but no audio.

is it worthwhile to try and fix ?????

it's about 4 years old, and I only use it sporadically ..

kinda disappointed it does not work

i have lost the audio on my classic ipod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.