Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Which adapter?

I have bought a 2012 Macbook Air and want to use it to deliver Keynote presentations.

I need to be able to connect it to a projector and my question is which adapter do I need to fit into the Thunderbolt port?

I think it's this one, the Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adaptor: http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB572Z/B/mini-displayport-to-vga-adapter?fnode =51 but I wanted to be sure before purchasing.

Also, can anyone advise whether or not there is an adaptor which will deliver sound as part of the presentation or if I will have to use a standard 3.5mm auxiliary jack from the headphones socket on the Air?

Thanks.

iMac Intel 2 Ghz, Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on Oct 31, 2012 10:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2012 12:51 PM

Yes, that is the right one.

If you are using VGA, then you will need to port the sound separately. However, if the projector supports sound through an HDMI input, use the HDMI adapter instead of the VGA, and you won't need to port the sound separately.

2 replies

Which adapter?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.