Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

[UK] PCWorld/Currys Give 1 Year AppleCare?

Hello,

I am planning to buy an iPad Mini from Currys/PCWorld on Friday, launch day. I was wondering, does it come with 1 year AppleCare? If it breaks down during the first year, can I take it to the Apple Store rather than the Currys? I understand that Apple's customer service is better.

As a seperate question, if I buy the iPad AppleCare, then can I definitely take it to Apple if it breaks down?

Thanks,
Daven

Posted on Oct 31, 2012 2:34 PM

5 replies

Oct 31, 2012 2:45 PM in response to Daven Gomes

All Apple products come with a standard 1 year manufacturers warranty, no matter where you buy them from. Purchasing AppleCare extends the standard 1 year warranty past the first year.

http://www.apple.com/uk/support/products/ipad.html

You can take any Apple product to an AppleStore in the event of a problem, regardless of whether you have purchased AppleCare, or purchased it direct from Apple.

Oct 31, 2012 4:42 PM in response to Daven Gomes

Daven Gomes wrote:

Also, would Currys/PC World have stock on release day?

You will have to ask them.

Also, if you buy from a 3rd party retailer, they will try to sell you their warranty plan. Such a plan is only good at their store. If you buy Applecare, it is good at Apple, any authorized Apple service center, or the store you bought it from. In short, get Applecare.

[UK] PCWorld/Currys Give 1 Year AppleCare?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.