Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to hang quotes in Keynote?

Is it possible to hang quotes in Keynote? I can't find a solution to this, but I've seen Tim Cook has it when he gives keynote speeches. If you know how, please tell me because it's different than InDesign. Thank you.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion, 2.7 GHz, 16 GB RAM, 768 GB HD

Posted on Oct 31, 2012 2:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 10:23 AM

To manualy adjust hanging punctuation:

show rulers: view > show rulers

click in the paragraph where you want to change, so that the text cursor blinks

on the ruler, click and drag the left alignment marker (the downward pointing blue triangle) to the right, about the width of one word

click and drag the first line alignment marker ( the rectangular blue marker ) to the left untill the quote marks are where you want them

click and drag the left align marker to the extreme left

User uploaded file

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 1, 2012 10:23 AM in response to JMF

To manualy adjust hanging punctuation:

show rulers: view > show rulers

click in the paragraph where you want to change, so that the text cursor blinks

on the ruler, click and drag the left alignment marker (the downward pointing blue triangle) to the right, about the width of one word

click and drag the first line alignment marker ( the rectangular blue marker ) to the left untill the quote marks are where you want them

click and drag the left align marker to the extreme left

User uploaded file

How to hang quotes in Keynote?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.