Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iLife'11 and iWork

Hi,

I was thinking about getting the new iLife'11 and the latest iWork'09 (I think is the latest) to run on my late 2006 iMac with Snow Leopard, on the App Store under system requirements it says that you have to have mac os x 10.7. But would the software still run on 10.6.8 and it just means that you to have Lion to enjoy the features of iWork or do I realy NEED Lion. For iWork and iLife?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Late 2006 iMac

Posted on Oct 31, 2012 3:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2012 3:29 PM

Well, it depends on which versions you purchase. If you buy the retail versions of both they will work with Snow Leopard just fine. If you want to buy them at the app store then I guess you better go with the system requirements mentioned there. I checked my retail version of iWork and it mentioned minimum requirements for iWork 09 was either 10.4 or 10.5. The retail version of iLife 11 will install on Snow Leopard. Note that you will have to buy the retail versions from online resellers, they are not available at Apple any longer.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 31, 2012 3:29 PM in response to olafwr

Well, it depends on which versions you purchase. If you buy the retail versions of both they will work with Snow Leopard just fine. If you want to buy them at the app store then I guess you better go with the system requirements mentioned there. I checked my retail version of iWork and it mentioned minimum requirements for iWork 09 was either 10.4 or 10.5. The retail version of iLife 11 will install on Snow Leopard. Note that you will have to buy the retail versions from online resellers, they are not available at Apple any longer.

iLife'11 and iWork

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.