Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Funky Crop

Every time I attempt to crop a photo, it's very WONKY.

Sometimes it doesn't let me pull the crop out all the way. Even when I grab a corner, it doesn't work. It just… doesn't… let… me… pull… it… out…!

So frustrating.

Anyone else seeing this?

Aperture 3, Mac OS X (10.7.2), Photo Stream

Posted on Oct 31, 2012 6:44 PM

8 replies

Oct 31, 2012 6:55 PM in response to JungleNYC

Do the Images that show this problem have any Straighten adjustment applied?

If so, you often have to move some of the other edges of the crop rectangle to free the caught corner, or you might be able to drag the entire crop rectangle away from an edge, and then alter the crop from any handle.

Also make sure Aperture hasn't assumed an aspect ratio that you didn't intend. It's way too aggressive in assuming I'm aiming for a standard ratio, as far as I'm concerned.

Nov 5, 2012 11:52 PM in response to JungleNYC

I'm now using Aperture 3.4.2.

I do a lot of cropping of images and haven't ever seen the problem described here.

I hadn't done any cropping since the upgrade this morning. I just experimented on an image. Even with a small straightening adjustment I had no problem cropping to several different sizes at several different areas within the image.

Don't know if this helps, but the problem doesn't appear to me to be universal.

Funky Crop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.