Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport Express Wireless Printing from Windows 8

I'm in the process of configuring a new laptop that came with Windows 8. I want to be able to print wirelessly to an HP PSC 1315 printer connected to an Airport Express, which I had been doing successflly from an XP Pro machine that just died. I am able to: (1) print wirelessly to the printer from a new MacBook Air (so wireless printing does work); (2) connect the Win8 machine to the internet via the Airport Express network (so the wireless network connection is OK); and (3) print from the Win8 machine to the printer when it's directly connected to a USB port (so the printer drivers are OK). I have installed Bonjour 2.0.2 on the Win8 machine, but it's not seeing any printers. I've also installed the Airport Utility (both 5.5.3.2 and 5.6.1.2) on the Win8 machine, but it's not finding any Airport wireless devices either.

I'd appreciate any help.

Steve

P.S. Incidentally, I can't install a viable Airport Utilty (AU) on the Air since the versions that will work with my older AEs (5.5.3 and 5.6.1.2) won't install on the Air. The Air will only install 6.1, which won't talk to my older AEs. Apple suggested I install 5.x on another Mac and then port it to the Air via a stick. But I don't have another Mac. Grrr.

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 8:20 AM

There are no replies.

Airport Express Wireless Printing from Windows 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.