Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Standby time same as usage time.

I've searched around on the Internet but I haven't found the same sort of problem. My battery life is fine but when I go to check my usage The standby time is the same as the usage time. When it is on standby the usage time is stopped but when I use the phone the standby time rises with the usage time. I have reset and restarted the phone. I have also restored my iPhone via DFU mode and set it up as a new phone. Do you think it could be iOS6 being corrupt and I should try and download it again?

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 7:19 AM

11 replies

Nov 1, 2012 10:44 AM in response to iPhone4Lyf

You can check the iOS User Guide, page 134, but the Standby time is the time since the last charge http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/iphone_user_guide.pdf. The usage time is the actual useage time, but if those two times are exactly the same, then there is a problem. If the usage time is smaller than the Standby time, then it is correct. I believe the wording is incorrect, as it really does not display the time the phone has been in standby. So your actual usage statistics are not the standby plus the usage for a total. Standby would actually be the Standby time minus the usage. Confusing, huh?

You can give feedback to Apple if you would like concerning this at www.apple.com/feedback

Dec 1, 2014 3:10 AM in response to smf72

Guys,

Finally i managed to solve the riddle. Apple came back to me again stating that the battery was normal which got me thinking if this was a O/S issue. I kept testing the device and came across the Battery usage tests (Settings > General > Usage > Battery usage) to display Usage | Standby which were showing close values. I tested the phone with killing apps to see if it was any app which could not let the phone sleep.

Amazingly, i found that when on Wifi, the values remained close indicating that it was something over Wifi which is not letting the phone sleep.

Thereafter i tested the phone with my Mac over an application called Activity Monitor to display the processes which start when i start wifi. There were 2 processes which were invoked - Bird and CloudD. Narrowing this down brought it to be processes liked to iCloud Drive.

As soon as i disabled Cloud Drive ( iCloud > iCloud Drive), my phone was back to great battery performance.

I am yet to figure out more about this problem but this fixed the phone battery draining issue over Wifi.

Hope this helps !

Gary

Standby time same as usage time.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.