Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OK My mother at 92 has just mastered the iPad - I've set up an itunes account for her and want one simple thing explaining. She has a non iphone mobile and imessage on ipad so she can easily see it and use it HELP

Anyone who can expalin me how i can connect her non iphone (it lights up as she is very deaf like a chritmas tree so no i cant give he an iphone before anyone suggests) so i can get here to text via imessage on the ipad please.

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 10:27 AM

3 replies

Nov 1, 2012 12:04 PM in response to colnangmoss@mac.com

First, I think it is wonderful that your 92 year old Mom has mastered the ipad!

Our family went Mac just two years ago, and for many years before we did, I was concerned about Apple products' incompatibility with non-Apple products. But I read your post and...

I'm not sure if this will help, but you might take a look at the following link and see if any of these free apps can help.

http://mashable.com/2012/09/09/free-text-messaging-apps/

Can you let us know if any of the suggestions from this mashable article work for you and your Mom? It probably could help many other people, too.

I hope this helps you and your Mom!

Message was edited by: appleuser1322

Nov 1, 2012 6:04 PM in response to colnangmoss@mac.com

I was hoping some tech wiz would have found an answer for you. The app below vibrates and flashes. Is that the kind of thing you're looking for? I'm not sure, because I am thinking you want your Mom's phone to somehow connect with ipad.

If you read the link I previously posted, please read the comments also. Maybe a suggestion in one of those would help.

http://appadvice.com/applists/show/apps-for-the-deaf

More App Info
    description &
    screenshots
  • User uploaded file$2.99

Tap Tap

by David Vondracek

One of the dangers of hearing loss is the inability to hear audible alerts or warnings. Tap Tap is a brilliant app that allows those with hearing loss to react to sounds. When it detects noise, the app will vibrate and flash to alert the user. If the door knocks, or someone is speaking or shouting, the user will know. If the smoke alarm goes off, Tap Tap will vibrate and flash. The sensitivity can be adjusted and the app can run in the background if desired, though this may use more battery power. This is a must-have app for anyone with significant hearing loss.

OK My mother at 92 has just mastered the iPad - I've set up an itunes account for her and want one simple thing explaining. She has a non iphone mobile and imessage on ipad so she can easily see it and use it HELP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.